There are many diferent habitats such as ponds, lawns and hedges where useful plants can be grown. The following leaflets describe some of these:
- The Edible Lawn
- Edible Ornamental Plants
- The Edible Pond and Bog Garden
- The Edible Shrubs
- The Urban Garden (Español)
- Ground cover plants.growing carefully selected plants that can spread to cover the ground and that will out-compete the weeds.
- Hedges and their use (Deutsch)
- Plants for Problem Places North facing walls and deep shade
- Conservatory Plants
- The potted garden edible plants for containers and pots.
Our database groups plants into 12 different habitats. You can search it in the UK, the US or Australia. Or look at our Habitats index page.